Quotes can be incredibly powerful and can make a simple sentiment sound inspiring.
There is also nothing better than a great quote to drag anyone out of an idle situation.
So, we have put together a list of some of the most inspirational and motivational quotes from people across all walks of life.
From quotes to encourage collaboration, unity, and persistence, we are sure there are some great quotes here that you can use to motivate your team.
What is a team?
Before we get into the inspirational quotes for teamwork, let’s quickly just talk about teams. Of course, everyone knows that a team is made up of several members to form a group that works together.
But, it’s also important to understand that good teams share similar ideologies and work together towards the same goals.
That is why team-building exercises are so important in work environments! They make everyone feel more comfortable with each other and build trust within the team.
With everyone supporting each other and working well together, work can progress faster and you’ll see better outcomes. So, naturally, it’s important to encourage teamwork and unity within your workplace.
To help you inspire your team to work together, here are some inspirational and motivational teamwork quotes for your team.
Top Inspirational and Motivational Teamwork Quotes
Teamwork quotes to inspire collaboration
- “Coming together is a beginning. Keeping together is progress. Working together is success.” - Henry Ford (Click to Tweet!)
- “It is literally true that you can succeed best and quickest by helping others to succeed.” - Napoleon Hill
- “Alone we can do so little, together we can do so much.” - Helen Keller (Click to Tweet!)
- “Collaboration allows teachers to capture each other’s fund of collective intelligence.” - Mike Schmoker
- “Unity is strength...when there is teamwork and collaboration, wonderful things can be achieved.” - Mattie Stepanek
- “None of us, including me, ever do great things. But we can all do small things, with great love, and together we can do something wonderful.” - Mother Teresa (Click to Tweet!)
- “In the long history of humankind (and animal kind, too) that those who learned to collaborate and improvise most effectively have prevailed.” - Charles Darwin
- “The way a team plays as a whole determines its success. You may have the greatest bunch of individual stars in the world but if they don’t play together, the club won’t be worth a dime.” - Babe Ruth (Click to Tweet!)
- “ Good management consists in showing average people how to do the work of superior people.” - John D. Rockefeller
Short teamwork Quotes
- “No one can whistle a symphony. It takes a whole orchestra to play it.” - H.E. Luccock
- “If you want to lift yourself up, lift up someone else” - Booker T. Washington
- “Talent wins games, but teamwork and intelligence win championships.” - Michael Jordan (Click to Tweet!)
- “It takes two flints to make a fire” - Louisa May Alcott
- “If everyone is moving forward together, then success takes care of itself.” - Henry Ford (Click to Tweet!)
- “None of us is as smart as all of us.” - Ken Blanchard
- “If you can laugh together, you can work together.” - Robert Orben
- “The bigger the dream, the more important to the team” - Robin Sharma (Click to Tweet!)
- “When ‘I’ is replaced by ‘we’ even ‘illness’ becomes ‘wellness’.” - Shannon L. Adler
- “It takes both sides to build a bridge” - Fredrik Nael (Click to Tweet!)
- “Sticks in a bundle are unbreakable.” - African proverb
- “In teamwork, silence isn’t golden. It’s deadly.” - Mark Sanborn (Click to Tweet!)
Teamwork quotes to inspire determination
- “Trust is knowing that when a team member does push you, they’re doing it because they care about the team.” - Patrick Lencioni
- “The greater the loyalty of a group toward the group, the greater is the motivation among the members to achieve the goals of the group, and the greater the probability that the group will achieve its goals.” - Rensis Likert (Click to Tweet!)
- “People who work together will win, whether it be against complex football defenses, or the problems of modern society.” - Vince Lombardi
- “Collaboration is a key part of the success of any organization, executed through a clearly defined vision and mission and based on transparency and constant communication.” - Dinesh Paliwal
- “You need to be aware of what others are doing, applaud their efforts, acknowledge their successes, and encourage them in their pursuits. When we all help one another, everybody wins.” - Jim Stovall (Click to Tweet!)
- “One piece of log creates a small fire, adequate to warm you up, add just a few more pieces to blast an immense bonfire, large enough to warm up your entire circle of friends; needless to say that individuality counts but teamwork dynamites.” - Jin Kwon
- “Great things in business are never done by one person; they're done by a team of people.” - Steve Jobs (Click to Tweet!)
Quotes On Unity And Teamwork
- “Teamwork is the ability to work together toward a common vision. The ability to direct individual accomplishments toward organizational objectives. It is the fuel that allows common people to attain uncommon results.” - Andrew Carnegie
- “Remember, teamwork begins by building trust, and the only way to do that is to overcome our need for invulnerability.” - Patrick Lencioni
- “Individually, we are one drop. Together, we are an ocean.” - Ryunosuke Satoro (Click to Tweet!)
- “Not finance, not strategy, not technology. It is teamwork that remains the ultimate competitive advantage both because it is so powerful and rare.” - Patrick Lencioni
- “Cooperation is the thorough conviction that nobody can get there unless everybody gets there.” - Virginia Burden (Click to Tweet!)
- “To build a strong team, you must see someone else’s strength as a complement to your weakness and not a threat to your position or authority.” - Christine Caine
- “Strong and cohesive teams thrive when leaders highlight how much they all have in common, not how much he or she stands above from the crowd.” - Moira Alexander
- “Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world; indeed, it’s the only thing that ever has.” - Margaret Mead (Click to Tweet!)
- “A group becomes a team when each member is sure enough of himself and his contribution to praise the skills of others.” - Norman Shidle
- “Effectively, change is almost impossible without industry-wide collaboration, cooperation, and consensus.” - Simon Mainwaring
- “No matter how brilliant your mind or strategy, if you’re playing a solo game, you’ll always lose out to a team” - Reid Hoffman
- “One man can be a crucial ingredient on a team, but one man cannot make a team.” - Kareem Abdul-Jabbar
- “Things work well when a group of people know each other, and things break down when it’s a bunch of random people interacting.” - Jimmy Wales (Click to Tweet!)
Teamwork quotes about growth and excellence
- “Why do you form a team? Because teamwork builds trust, and trust builds speed.” - General Russel Honoré (Click to Tweet!)
- “Unless our standards are high in everything, the entire group will retrogress to the lowest level. We’ll try to look the neatest and be the cleanest and the smartest. In every possible ramification, we’re going to try to shoot for the moon.” - Bud Wilkinson
- “There is not a single leaf which is a mere ornament; all contribute to the fruitfulness of the earth, and the support of its inhabitants.” - Christoph Christian Sturm (Click to Tweet!)
- “People have been known to achieve more as a result of working with others than against them.” - Dr. Allan Fromme
- “Collaboration allows us to know more than we are capable of knowing by ourselves.” - Paul Solarz
- “Collaboration is the best way to work… Everyone’s there because they have a set of skills to offer across the board.” - Antony Starr
- “Your corn is ripe today; mine will be so tomorrow. ‘Tis profitable for us both, that I should labour with you today, and that you should aid me tomorrow.” - David Hume
- “Find a group of people who challenge and inspire you, spend a lot of time with them, and it will change your life.” - Amy Poehler (Click to Tweet!)
Teamwork quotes about persistence
- “If you are afraid to take a chance, take one anyway. What you don’t do can create the same regrets as the mistakes you made.” - Iyanla Vanzant
- “The difference between a successful person and others is not a lack of strength, not a lack of knowledge, but rather a lack of will.” - Vince Lombardi (Click to Tweet!)
- “Don’t let the fear of losing be greater than the excitement of winning.” - Robert Kiyosaki
- “It is hard to fail, but it is worse never to have tried to succeed.” - Theodore Roosevelt
- “You shouldn’t focus on why you can’t do something, which is what most people do. You should focus on why perhaps, you could be one of the exceptions.” -Steve Case (Click to Tweet!)
- “When you wake up in the morning, you have two choices: go back to sleep, or wake up and chase those dreams” - Author Unknown
- “Striving for success without hard work is like trying to harvest where you haven’t planted.” - David Bly
It’s time to work together
Teamwork is crucial in the workplace. Cultivating an open, collaborative environment where employees can share ideas and learn from one another can drive them to keep doing better at their work.
To emphasize the importance of teamwork, try using some of these motivational teamwork quotes for your employees to work together.
You could make prints of them to put up around your workspace, attach them to your emails, or pop them into your communication channels. This will make sure that your employees will see them and feel inspired.
Build highly engaged and high-performing teams with Empuls!
Discover how people leaders are building engaged teams through continuous feedback and improvement.