Employee retention surveys are surveys designed to gather information about employee satisfaction and engagement with their job, organization, and management. The goal of these surveys is to identify areas where the organization can improve to increase employee retention rates.
These surveys typically include questions about various aspects of the employee experience, such as job satisfaction, work-life balance, compensation and benefits, career development opportunities, management effectiveness, communication, and company culture.
The questions may be multiple-choice, rating scales, or open-ended, allowing employees to provide more detailed feedback.
Employee retention surveys are important tools for organizations to use in understanding their workforce and identifying areas for improvement. By identifying the factors that contribute to employee turnover, organizations can take steps to improve retention and reduce the costs associated with hiring and training new employees.
41 Effective employee retention survey questions
Let's take a look at some excellent employee retention survey questions that you can use to better understand your employees' feelings. You can always change these queries to suit your needs.
1-10 Scale employee retention survey questions
Below is a list of 1-10 employee retention survey questions:
1.On a scale of 1-10, how satisfied are you with your current job?
2.On a scale of 1-10, how comfortable were you working in this company? 3.On a scale of 1-10, how likely
are you to stay with this organization for another year?
4. On a scale of 1-10, how satisfied are you with your promotion at this company?
5. On a scale of 1-10, how likely would you recommend this company to your friends?
6. How satisfied are you when you come to work on a scale of 1-10?
7. On a scale of 1-10, how satisfied are you with sharing information with everyone?
8. On a scale of 1-10, do you feel that you have reached your work capacity?
9. On a scale of 1-10, how enthusiastically would you apply to work here again?
10. How satisfied are you with your salary on a scale of 1-10?
Yes/No employee retention survey questions
11. Are you ready to leave the company anytime in the near future?
12. Would you like to work for this company again when the opportunity arises?
13. Does your supervisor motivate you?
14. Do you feel you are using your full potential here?
15. Do you get the feedback you need to do your job?
16. Do you have all the tools you need for the job?
17. Do you feel that you are appreciated for the work you do?
18. Did you receive training before starting work?
19. Is the amount of work you have to do in a certain time reasonable?
20. Have you attended interviews in the last 3 months?
Likert scale employee retention survey questions
You can also use Likert scale questions in your employee retention survey.
21.Rate on a scale of 1-5 whether you agree or disagree with the following statements: 1 being strongly agree and 5 being strongly disagree
- I recommend this company to others.
- I am happy and satisfied when we work as a team to achieve our goals.
- I feel uncomfortable working for this company.
- My supervisor appreciates my work.
- I feel appreciated for the hard work I do for the company.
- I like working in this organization.
- I feel comfortable working with my teammates.
- I am satisfied with my career. My supervisor appreciates my comments.
- I see myself working here for another year.
- I believe I have an opportunity to grow in this company.
- My job allows me to learn new skills.
Open-ended employee retention survey questions
Below is a list of open-ended questions that you can use directly in your survey or modify according to your needs:
22. How well do you understand your career in this company?
23. How do you feel working in a team with your colleagues?
24. Do you want to leave this company? Why?
25. Would you like to change something about this business?
26. Is there anything you would like to change about your job to make it more productive?
27. Do you agree with the vision and mission of this organization?
28. Do you feel that communication is encouraged in your team?
29. Is your manager listening to you?
30. Are your colleagues responsible for the work done?
31. What changes can we make to keep you with this company longer?
32. If you have a notice period, what is the main reason for leaving?
33. Do you understand your duties and responsibilities?
34. How confident do you feel in your current role?
35. Are your work goals clearly defined?
36. Do you have a good relationship with your boss?
37. Have you ever been discriminated against at work?
38. Have you ever been bullied at work?
39. What do you like most about working here?
40. What do you dislike most about this company?
41. Is there anything else you want to share?
Employee retention surveys are valuable tools for organizations looking to improve employee satisfaction and engagement, reduce turnover rates, and ultimately improve the bottom line.
By asking the right questions and gathering feedback from employees, organizations can identify areas for improvement and take action to address concerns and build a more positive workplace culture.
It's important to ensure that the survey questions are clear, relevant, and reflective of the organization's values and goals. By prioritizing employee satisfaction and engagement, organizations can create a more productive, positive, and successful workplace for all.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Here are some frequently asked questions that people ask about employee retention survey.
What is an employee retention survey?
An employee retention survey is a tool used by employers to gather feedback from employees about their satisfaction with their job and their intent to stay with the organization.
The survey typically asks employees about their level of satisfaction with various aspects of their job, their engagement with the company, and what factors might cause them to leave.
Why is conducting an employee retention survey important?
Conducting an employee retention survey is important because it allows employers to identify areas that need improvement to retain their employees.
It can help employers understand what factors contribute to employee satisfaction and engagement, and what steps can be taken to address any concerns before they lead to turnover.
What are some common employee retention survey questions?
Some common employee retention survey questions include:
- How satisfied are you with your job overall?
- How likely are you to leave the company in the next 6-12 months?
- How well does the company support your career growth and development?
- How well does the company communicate with employees about important decisions and changes?
- How well does the company recognize and reward employee contributions?
How can I prepare for an employee retention survey?
To prepare for an employee retention survey, you should:
- Reflect on your overall job satisfaction and engagement with the company
- Identify specific factors that contribute to your satisfaction or dissatisfaction
- Consider any concerns or issues that might cause you to consider leaving the company
- Be honest and constructive in your feedback.
How can employers use employee retention survey results?
Employers can use employee retention survey results to:
- Identify areas for improvement in the workplace that may impact employee retention.
- Understand employee perceptions of the company and to develop strategies for addressing any concerns or issues.
- Communicate with employees about any changes that will be made to address the feedback, which can demonstrate their commitment to listening and responding to employee concerns.