Table of Contents
In today's digital world, the job application process has evolved too. Now, there is no need for frequent visits to companies to apply for a job; you can do it from your home.
Even companies are more comfortable recruiting new hires with ease of online that is why these job portals gained so much success in a short time.
But, to do that, you must know how to craft an effective email, a crisp and captivating cover letter, and a resume. But before that, you have to find a job opportunity that suits your needs.
How to find lucrative job opportunities?
To get a job, one must know how to look for it. Here are some ways to find the job that you desire.
- Job portals: Job portals are essential for today's job search because they offer many employment opportunities in one place. They save you time and effort by enabling you to filter job openings that fit your credentials, abilities, and preferences. Furthermore, you can also do a custom search by location, wage, and keywords.
- Company's career page: A company's career page is a specific area on the website that details job openings, hiring procedures, and other career-related topics. It also provides a form to fill out and submit to apply.
- Search engine operators: Search engine operators can be used to refine job search results and find more relevant job postings. To search for a specific job opportunity, enter the title, location, date posted, type of employment, company type, and employer.
Now that we have gone through some ways you can look for a job opportunity, let's look at some other essential aspects.
What to include in a job application
You need to include certain things in your job application if you want your application to be considered. These are:
- Cover letter: A cover letter forms an integral part of a job application. It helps the hiring manager to understand your skills and what you can bring to the team. Also, employers prefer job applications that include a cover letter.
- Resume: This document briefly overviews the applicant's abilities and academic accomplishments. It also illustrates the applicant's professional background.
- Work profile: Work Profile is a personality test that gauges a person's work personality based on their interpersonal and emotional tendencies at work and their values and objectives.
How to write effective emails which will grasp recruiters' attention?
Recruiters receive a large number of job-related emails regularly. So, it becomes crucial that your email stands out from the others to grab the recruiter's attention. Let's look at some tips and tricks that you can use to make your email personalized and captivating.
- Subject line: No matter how good of an email you have written, the recruiter will delete it without even looking at the contents if the subject line is bland and uninspiring. So, writing a creative and captivating subject is a must. You can take help of AI subject line generation tools for creative writing
- Salutation: Always include a salutation at the beginning.
- Introduction: Always introduce yourself in the first sentence itself.
- Cover letter: Write a crisp and clear cover letter, and if you are writing a detailed cover letter, it is advisable to include it in the body of the email.
- Concluding the email: It is always best to reiterate your interest in the desired position, mention the attached documents, and your availability for the next steps.
- Mention referrals: If you are referred to the job by someone the recruiter is acquainted with, always mention the person's name in the body of the email, as it will help develop initial trust in the headhunter for you.
Sample job application email templates to make a strong impression on employers
We have compiled a list of sample emails for you that will help you write compelling job emails. Let's take a look at them.
1. Simple and direct sample job application email
Sub: Application for [job title]
I am [your name] and interested in applying for the position of [job title] on your website/[name of job portal]. My qualifications and skills are relevant and at par with the job requirements.
I have graduated from[college and university name] and have over three years of experience in [field's name] at [company's name].
I have attached my current resume and I look forward to hearing from you about it.
2. Creative and personalized sample job application email template
Sub: Applying for the position of [job title]
I hope you are well and reading my email. My name is [your name], and I'm writing to express interest in the [job title] position.
I have always been pleased by your company's dedication to innovation and excellence as [professional title]. Your mission and vision align with the values I hold dear, both personally and professionally, and I am thrilled about the chance to join your team.
The prospect of joining your team and assisting in the expansion and success of the business excites me. For your review, I've included my resume in this email, and if you require any more details, just let me know.
Thank you for considering my application. I look forward to the opportunity of discussing my qualifications further.
3. Sample job application email for referral from a connection
Sub: Job application for the position of [job title]
My name is [your name], and I'm writing to apply for the [job title] position. I have been researching your company for the past few months and have only heard positive things about your organization.
I have been referred to you by Mr./Ms. [Referrer's name], who is working for [Referrer's company name] as [designation's name]. They also highly regard your company and have especially recommended me to you.
I have a work experience of over [years] at [company's name]. Therefore, I have the experience necessary to work for your esteemed organization.
I have also attached my resume and await your valuable response.
4. Follow-up after submission of a job application email
Sub: Following up on my application for [job title] at [Company Name]
My name is [your name]. I applied for the job of [job title] at your company, to which I have assured a response in two weeks, but it has been over a month now, and I would like to know my application status.
I'm still interested in working for your esteemed organization and can fulfil my responsibilities aptly.
If you have any further queries or need additional information, please let me know. Once again, thank you for your time and will eagerly await your response.
5. Follow-up email after a job interview
Sub: Thank you for the opportunity
Dear [interviewer's name],
Thank you for taking the time to interview me. It was a great experience, and I'm grateful for talking to you. The details you provided regarding the post's responsibilities have made me even more confident that I can complete my work on time and without any issues.
There are a few questions, though, that I didn't get the opportunity to ask you yesterday due to the time limitation. So I hope you will be okay if I write them in this email.
[Question(s) by the candidate]
Also, when can I hear from you about the position?
Please get in touch with me if you have any questions.
6. Response to a job rejection/reply to the rejection email
Sub: Regarding the position of [job title]
Dear [hiring manager's name],
Thank you for taking the time to interview me and for the opportunity to work in your company. While I am disheartened for not being able to work for your reputed organization, I am thankful for getting back to me with your final decision. I immensely enjoyed the time with you and others.
I have one small request. Please give me your feedback. It will immensely help me with my job search. Thank you for your time and consideration. I wish you and the team all the best.
7. Email template for the withdrawal of job application
Sub: Request to withdraw my job application
Respected [recipient's name],
Thank you for taking the time to interview me for the position of [job title] at your reputed company. I greatly appreciate the opportunity to work with [company's name]. However, with a heavy heart, I would like to withdraw my application. It was a hard decision, but I had to take it owing to [state the reason]. I hope you will understand.
You will find a perfect candidate for the position.
8. Thank you note after interview
Sub: Thank you for your time
Hi [interviewer's name],
I wholeheartedly thank you for taking out time to interview me. I thoroughly enjoyed our conversation and was thrilled to learn more about the position of [job title] and its responsibilities.
I cannot wait to be a part of such an incredible team and esteemed organization. I look forward to hearing about the next steps in the hiring process. Please feel free to contact me in case of any queries.
9. Request for informational interview
Sub: Informational interview request
Dear [recipient's name],
My name is [your name]. I hope you are doing well. I have come across your profile on LinkedIn, and I'm incredibly interested in your work and would like to know more about you and your company.
I hope you'll let's catch up to talk more in-depth about [insert what you would like to discuss]. If you are too busy, I can wait or even talk on the phone for 10 to 15 minutes. So please let me know what will be convenient for you. I will eagerly wait for your reply.
I appreciate your time, and thank you in advance.
10. Request for job shadowing opportunity
Sub: Request for job shadowing
My name is [your name], and currently, I am a student at [college/university name]. I am passionate about a career in [mention the field of profession] and would like to explore it more to understand the area better. I found your email through [website/or recipient's colleague]. If you are willing to allow students to shadow you, I would appreciate the opportunity to observe you, to talk more about the field.
I hope I am not intruding. If you have any queries, please contact me at [phone number].
Thank you for your time,
11. Email to understand the process/next steps/update from HR
Sub: Request to know the next steps
Dear [name of the employer],
Thank you for interviewing me. It was a great pleasure to learn the workings and responsibilities of your esteemed organization.
I would like to know more about [mention what you want to know about] and would appreciate it if you could provide me with more precious time. Also, please advise what I have to do next.
I look forward to hearing from you.
12. Email sample for fresher
Sub: Application for the post of [job title]
My name is [your name], and I have found your job opening in/on [mention here]. I graduated with distinction from [name of college/university/institution] in [course name]. Therefore, I have the required knowledge and skills needed for the job.
Please find the attached resume. I will eagerly wait for your reply.
13. Email sample for experience
Sub: Requesting for experience certificate
This is to bring to your attention that I served as [designation] at [company name] from [joining date] till [relieving date]. It was an exceptional experience, and I have learned a lot as a member of your team. The experience has helped me in growing personally and professionally. I have learned some great value too.
Please issue my experience certificate, as it will help me professionally in the future.
Job application email templates can be extremely helpful in saving time and ensuring that your message is professional and effective. Using a template as a guide, you can easily customize your email to the specific job and company you are applying to, and avoid common mistakes that can hurt your chances of getting hired.
However, it's important to remember that job application emails should still be personalized and unique to you. While templates can provide a structure and format, you should always tailor your message to your experience, skills, and goals.
With the right approach, job application emails can be a powerful tool for landing your dream job.
Retirement Wishes and Messages
Farewell Gift Ideas for Colleagues
Games for Womens Day Celebration
Promotion Letter Sample Templates
Sample Resignation Letters for Employees
Birthday Wishes For Employees
Best Compliments for Coworkers
Subject Line for a Resignation Letter
Thank You Messages for Colleagues
Appreciation Messages for Colleagues